We appreciate hearing from our on-line visitors and are eager to answer any questions, but please be patient, as many of our members are volunteers.
The Certified Lay Servant Basic course is available for the Deaf through an arrangement with our committee. It uses ASL and includes Deaf cultural aspects. Please contact us for information.
To contact us by e-mail, click here.
Postal mail: Lovers Lane Deaf Ministry, Walnut Hill UMC, 10066 Marsh Lane, Dallas TX 75229.
We welcome links to our home page or specific pages, although we cannot guarantee that the URL of an individual page or item will not change. You may provide a link to our site as long as the link does not imply sponsorship or endorsement of your site. You may include a copy of our logo (but not the United Methodist cross and flame) for identification.
As a general rule, we are willing to include links to sites similar to ours when the information at the link is useful to our visitors. Acceptance of links is at our discretion. Our criteria for inclusion include:
- We do not accept requests for links that are not reciprocated or that are not about disability and churches.
- Audience: we seek to address the needs of churches that are trying to be inclusive and accessible on disability concerns.
- Scope: we do not offer legal, medical, or financial advice or information.
- Non-commercial: we do not seek to promote specific businesses, industries, or products.
- We have no control over the content of pages outside of our site, and do not promise that any link is accurate, complete, safe to visit, or free from malware.
- We cannot modify the policies under which we operate, which are specified in the current United Methodist Book of Discipline. Only the General Conference can speak for or pass legislation on matters related to the policy of the United Methodist Church.
- In conformance with rules of the Internal Revenue Service, we cannot promote, affiliate, advocate, or endorse any political party, organization, or candidate, although we may provide information about matters of public concern.
- By reporting on issues of concern or listing organizations, companies, or other sources of interest to people with disabilities, the Disability Ministries Committee of the United Methodist Church does not attempt to influence legislation, nor does it favor, oppose, endorse, participate in or otherwise intervene in political campaigns nor does it recommend, endorse, or otherwise offer preference for any entity. All items of a political nature are reports only, and are open equally to all candidates. For information see IRS FS-2006-17.
- We believe that all links and similar referrals are accurate, but have no control over content of pages outside our site, including the possibility of malware.
- We do not directly collect information from you. If you request to be on our newsletter mailing list, we will ask for your e-mail. We do not share this with anyone.
- If you join or post to our Facebook group, we and other group members may have access to whatever information is part of your public profile.
- We compile periodic reports for Committee members and the United Methodist Church concerning the number of contacts, general information about the nature of inquiries, and similar information. These reports do not contain any personal information.
- Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance: we are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Copyright notices and policies
This site and its contents are copyright 2009 - 2022, General Board of Global Ministries. Unless stated otherwise, permission to reproduce material must be secured in writing.
Design, unspecified Bible translations and stock photos by Tim Vermande.
Bible translations marked (NRSV) are from The New Revised Standard Version of the Bible, which is copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
The Cross and Flame is a registered trademark and the use is supervised by the General Council on Finance and Administration of The United Methodist Church.
Permission to use the Cross and Flame must be obtained from the Legal Department, General Council on Finance and Administration of The United Methodist Church: Legal Department, Post Office Box 340029, Nashville, TN 37203-0029; Phone: 615-369-2334, Fax: 866-246-2516.
Copyright to other content is held by authors as listed, used by permission.